- Applies to:
This feature is restricted to users with administrator privileges. If you require an additional user account, please speak to your account administrator first. Silktide will not be able to create or delete users, or reset non-administrator user passwords, without prior consent from your account administrator.
Teams change from time to time, so being able to manage users is an essential part of Haystack. In this section, you can create new users, delete old users, change user details (including name, email address) and reset passwords.
Users in Haystack are assigned one of the following roles:
|Role||View, run and share business reports||View usage reports||Batch analysis||Manage account||Manage users|
Create new user
Only users with administrator privileges can manage users.
- Click on the profile silhouette in the top right-hand corner of the screen, then select Users & permissions
- Click on the + Add new user button
- Enter the required details into the relevant fields:
- Full name
- Role [User | Advanced user | Admin]
- Password (including confirmation) – ensure it meets the minimum password requirements
- Optional – If you are an Enterprise level customer and have users who need to access multiple accounts, you can select which accounts the user can access by checking the relevant boxes on this page)
- If you want to force the user to create their own password when the log in for the first time, ensure that the Force Password Change on Next Login box is checked
- Click Add.
Once a new user has been created, you will need to provide them with their login details as you entered them above as no email notification. The new user will require their username (which is their email address) and their password. If you have chosen to force the user to change their password on the next login, let them know about this and the minimum password requirements.
Delete old user
You may need to delete old user accounts that are no longer required. It is not essential, but we recommend doing this should a user leave the company or no longer requires access to Haystack, to ensure that any possibility of unauthorized access is minimized.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 in Create new user
- If you have a large user database, you can search for the user via name or email address in the search bar, or you can scroll down and find their account manually
- Click the red cross next to the user account you wish to delete
- In the popup confirmation box, click Delete user
The user account will then be deleted.
Change user details or reset password
It is possible to change an existing user’s details if required, for example if their email address changes or if they change their name. You can also reset the user’s password too.
- Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 in Delete old user to locate the user you need to change
- Click on the small cog icon next to the user account you wish to change. This will take you into that user’s account settings
- Make the necessary changes to the user’s account
- If you are resetting the user’s password, ensure that it meets the minimum password requirements and that you check the box to Force Password Change on Next Login if appropriate
- Click Save when you are finished to make the changes permanent.
Minimum password requirements
For security purposes, we enforce minimum password requirements within Haystack. Each user password must be a minimum of 8 characters and a maximum of 30 characters.