Custom domain names
- Applies to:
You can access Haystack via your own choice of domain name if you wish.
For example, if your company uses the web address
example.com you might wish to access Haystack via
reports.example.com or similar.
If you are setting up the inbound marketing tool, you’ll almost certainly want to set a custom web address to expose the tool to your users.
- You will need some technical understanding of DNS. We do not recommend undertaking these steps unless you know what you are doing, you may break your domain name.
- Haystack only supports subdomains and not domain apex (e.g.
customerwebsitetesting.com= NOT ALLOWED).
- We can support multiple host names for the inbound marketing tool, but not for the Haystack tool.
Setting up a custom domain name
You will need control over the DNS of your domain name. Set up a CNAME record pointing to one of the following:
Haystack tool –
Inbound marketing tool –
- Haystack tool refers to the Haystack application itself, i.e. the Haystack login screen and the application behind that.
- Inbound marketing tool refers to the optional inbound marketing tool which is only available to Enterprise customers. If you don’t know what this is, you probably don’t have it.
You now need to let Silktide know about your new domain, so we can accept your new DNS settings. Send us a support email.